About Me

My photo
Wisconsin girl living in California... this blog is a written documentary of my adventures away from home!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Video Re-Blog: My Dialects!

So a friend of mine, Stephanie, is a big blogger (here’s the link to her blog …) so naturally she has TONS of blogging friends that she made online. One of them is Leigh-Ann of The Freckled Nest! She is my source for this fun little Vlog!

Enjoy!
P.S.- I have a small translation for those of you that can’t understand my mumbling, and would be happy to go further in depth if need be HAHA!

My Midwestern Dialect!

Say these words:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
Now answer these questions:
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

In case you couldn’t understand my mumbley introduction…
I was just saying how I got this idea from Leigh-Ann (her blog here…) who is one of my friend’s best friend. Therefore she is my friend by default. :)
I also said that I like this idea because I am always teased here in California for my “silly Midwestern accent” which is in fact… VERY close to a Canadian Accent. Something tells me that Leigh-Ann and I will get along well when she comes to visit for Stephanie’s baby shower. :P I close out my introduction just saying that I think my family will enjoy this video because they know how matt teases my accent… and now it is in full video form to enjoy again and again… HA!

Thanks for watching this goofy video. :) If you want… you can leave a comment with a link to YOUR video!

Thanks for watching guys and gals!
And a THANKS to Leigh-Ann at The Freckled Nest for supplying me with such a fun little post!

Til next time…
-Nat

3 comments:

  1. So fun to "meet you", Violet talks good things about you all the time! :) I think we're gonna have a games night while I visit (my first D&D experience)... see you soon!
    ps. Great video, I giggled lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ma'am! :D I think you'll have fun with our game night! its like being in Drama Club in Highschool... just... you roll dice to help the story along!
    You're a creative gal, i think you'll enjoy it!
    See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete