This is the first post in my series
Meditations of Natalie Rose.
This series is just me writing about the things I think about, and the things I have opinions about. Think of it as a journal entry. :)
Friendships should never be a burden. They should never sit heavy on your shoulders and weigh you down. They should never make you worry or second guess yourself. Friendships should NEVER make you feel inadequate or not good enough. Friendships shouldn't be a job. Friendships shouldn't make you feel sad or paranoid.
Friendships are NOT a competition. Friendships are not to prove who the bigger and better person is. Friendships are accepting your friend for WHO THEY ARE and not critisizing them for WHAT THEY AREN'T. Being in a friendship doesn't mean fitting your friend into the perfect friend mold, nor fitting them into your "EX-FRIEND'S" mold.
FRIENDSHIP IS BEING HAPPY FOR WHAT YOUR FRIEND HAS RATHER THAN BEING JEALOUS OF THEM.
Friendship is being honest. This means:
- Being direct and honest with your friend if they have a problem, but being supportive of them at the same time.
- Giving heart-felt advice, but ultimately respecting your friend's decision whether or not it is the advice you gave.
- NOT POSTING ANONYMOUS MESSAGES ON YOUR BLOG OR FACEBOOK INSULTING YOUR FRIEND AND THEN SENDING A SWEET MESSAGE TO THEM AND THINKING THAT IT CANCELS OUT YOUR MEAN POST.
- Being direct and honest with your friend if you see a problem in the friendship, but being supportive of them.
- LISTEN to what your friend has to say, EVEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE, and take it to heart.
I have fears that I will never find a friend that I will keep for life, and it wears and tears on my sore little soul.
I want to be friends with someone who isn't self absorbed. Someone who isn't jealous. Someone who respects me. I want to be friends with someone who I can goof around with and just be myself with, when at the same time I can have a serious heart-to-heart talk with without feeling like I am being judged or criticized.
I have yet to find such a friend and I hope that someday she (or he :P) will walk into my life, or perhaps I can walk into theirs!
I want to have a best friend, one like my mom has!
They have been friends since high-school. They could be apart for a hundred years and when they get back together they pick up right where they left off. I would LOVE to have a friendship like that.
This is my mom and her best friend forever, Kim.
[My lovely mum, and her best friend Kim]
[My mom and Kim being goofy together.]
[My mom and Kim enjoying a nice glass of wine!]
Someday I hope to have a friend like this.